Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
A salad with carbs :P
Top Review by JennyMidget
Fantastic - total barbecue/picnic winner! I'm not a fan of capers so used sliced kalamata olives instead, and I think they suited the olive oil of the dressing really well. Did a mix of red and green bell pepper (capsicum) too, for colour. This one is firmly within my salad repertoire now, will definitely do again!
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice, lemon juice, oil, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley and capers in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed before serving.