Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good comfort food and one of Mom's best party dishes. Everyone RAVES about it!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans asparagus
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine rice, salt, pepper, sour cream, milk and 3/4 cup cheese (Mom adds a splash of the canned asparagus"juice").
- Spoon half of the mixture into a buttered shallow 2 1/2 quart Baking dish.
- Reserve 4 asparagus spears for garnish, arrange remaining asparagus on mixture.
- Spread remaining rice mixture over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
BF made this for dinner the other night. It was very easy to make and quick. He used non-fat sour cream, 2% milk and low-fat cheese. We both enjoyed this. Nothing fancy, but we agreed that it was a "good comfort food." Thanks for posting!