Recipe by rileyk2
Good comfort food and one of Mom's best party dishes. Everyone RAVES about it!
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
BF made this for dinner the other night. It was very easy to make and quick. He used non-fat sour cream, 2% milk and low-fat cheese. We both enjoyed this. Nothing fancy, but we agreed that it was a "good comfort food." Thanks for posting!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans asparagus
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine rice, salt, pepper, sour cream, milk and 3/4 cup cheese (Mom adds a splash of the canned asparagus"juice").
- Spoon half of the mixture into a buttered shallow 2 1/2 quart Baking dish.
- Reserve 4 asparagus spears for garnish, arrange remaining asparagus on mixture.
- Spread remaining rice mixture over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.