Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A healthier spin on the classic Rice Krispy Treats dessert. To make this as healthy as possible, try to get puffed rice cereal that has 50 or 60 calories per cup.
- 3 tablespoons Smart Balance butter spread
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Spray a 9x12 pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the better spread in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir.
- When marshmallows are almost completely melted, add vanilla.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Mix in rice puffs. stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Press the mixture into the pan with a sheet of wax paper. This will flatten them out.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the wax paper, cut with a butter knife.
Excellent! I have celiac so this is great, since regular Rice Krispies aren't GF. I used Earth Balance instead of Smart Balance and 5 cups of cereal, which seemed to be a great amount. Thanks for the recipe!