Recipe by Parvulus
A healthier spin on the classic Rice Krispy Treats dessert. To make this as healthy as possible, try to get puffed rice cereal that has 50 or 60 calories per cup.
Top Review by Sheepie87
Excellent! I have celiac so this is great, since regular Rice Krispies aren't GF. I used Earth Balance instead of Smart Balance and 5 cups of cereal, which seemed to be a great amount. Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 tablespoons Smart Balance butter spread
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9x12 pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the better spread in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir.
- When marshmallows are almost completely melted, add vanilla.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Mix in rice puffs. stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Press the mixture into the pan with a sheet of wax paper. This will flatten them out.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the wax paper, cut with a butter knife.