1/1 Photo of Rice Pudding With Vanilla Bean, Orange and Rum
Rice pudding with a mild orange flavor. I have never used the rum so I can't offer any comment on that part of the flavor. Chill time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the milk and rice in a heavy medium saucepan. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla bean; add the bean.
- 2Bring the milk to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the rice is tender, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes.
- 4Mix in the sugar, rum, and orange peel. Discard the vanilla bean.
- 5Cook until the mixture thickens, 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- 6Spoon the rice pudding into bowls.
- 7Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 5 hours.
- 8Serve with orange segments if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pudding With Vanilla Bean, Orange and Rum
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 122.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: