Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another Spanish recipe found online & posted for Zaar World Tour 5.
- 226.79 g white rice
- 314.66 ml granulated sugar
- 946.0 ml milk
- 0.59 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml sultana
- 236.59 ml brandy
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- Put sultanas in a bowl & cover them with the brandy, then allow them to sit & soak up some of the liquid, about 30 minutes.
- In a heavy sauce pan, combine rice, sugar, milk, the drops of vanilla & the cinnamon stick.
- When the milk STARTS to boil, turn heat to low & simmer slowly, about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- When sultanas have soaked up some of the brandy, drain them & add the sultanas to the rice & milk mixture.
- Continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes, & once rice has cooked, remove pan from the heat & remove the cinnamon stick.
- Spoon into a serving bowl & let cool a bit before sprinkling a little ground cinnamon over the top & serving.
Mmmm, this is such a creamy, dreamy rice pudding delight! :) I made this as written except for plumping up the raisins in hot water as I made this for kids as well. Im sure the brandy would have been a nice addition for adults, though. Oh and I also reduced the sugar to 4 tbs, which was plenty for me. This cooked up nicely in 35 minutes (using a short-grain white rice) and was so great with the added spices. Ill surely make this again! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing with us, Syd! Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #16 November 09.