- 1⁄2 cup short-grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Pernod or 1 tablespoon pastis
- 2 pears, fresh or canned
- to taste raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine rice, milk, sugar, and salt. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat and cover.
- Cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and Pernod.
- Cool, then refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Halve pears lengthwise, slice thinly, and spread out into a fan shape. Place pear and rice pudding on plates, and garnish with raspberries and anise seeds.