Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can cut back on the vanilla if you'd like.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup basmati rice (washed)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- In a saucepan, bring milk, half & half and sugar to a boil.
- Add rice and vanilla extract.
- Cook at medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Stir while heating until creamy and/or sticky.
- Add cherries and stir for 2 minutes.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cinnamon.
The directions are simple, and it tastes delicious, but my rice wasn't fully cooked despite having followed the directions explicitly. It was kind of crunchy, but I ate it anyway. I think next time that I will start with cooked rice, and reduce the cooking time.
I'm telling everyone, Charlotte... what a fantastic cook you are...this pudding is unbelievably tasty. My guest say: "Delight of the gods--got more?" That says it all...Thanks for posting; will make again!!