Recipe by Charlotte J
You can cut back on the vanilla if you'd like.
Top Review by delmercado.patricia
The directions are simple, and it tastes delicious, but my rice wasn't fully cooked despite having followed the directions explicitly. It was kind of crunchy, but I ate it anyway. I think next time that I will start with cooked rice, and reduce the cooking time.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup basmati rice (washed)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring milk, half & half and sugar to a boil.
- Add rice and vanilla extract.
- Cook at medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Stir while heating until creamy and/or sticky.
- Add cherries and stir for 2 minutes.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cinnamon.