Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe was in BHG November 2007 and is a Sandra Lee Semi Homemade recipe. Really good and easy, my favorite combination, lol. I have also made the pudding with Sun Maid Fruit Bits instead of the dried apricots. This uses 2 pouches Success Rice, but the computer does not recognize this ingredient.
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) envelopes long grain rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) bag dried apricots
- Spray the inside of a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the evaporated milk, condensed milk, eggs, and salt.
- Stir in the rice, crystalized ginger and dried apricots.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 2-4 hours.
I think I must have a faulty crockpot because I had followed the directions exactly and after 2 hours on low my rice was burnt on the bottom. ;-(. I thought I could salvage it at least, and while it was still warm it had a rich and creamy - wonderful flavor. Once it had cooled in my case it was dry and no longer creamy like. It did task wonderful though and really wish that my crockpot was not so strong that it would have burnt it that way.