1/2 Photos of Rice Pudding With Cream
out of here's Note:
This is my husband's favorite rice pudding. He will sometimes eat a bowl for his meal. This is what you call real comfort food. The recipe was one from the Saint Mary, Georgia library.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the rice, water, and salt in a large saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 2Add the sugar and milk and bring to a slow simmer over low heat; stirring occasionaly.
- 3Cook, uncovered 30 minutes or until the milk is absorbed; cool.
- 4Soak raisins in water until plump.
- 5Preheat the oven to 300 degrees; butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 6Whisk the egg yolks with cream and vanilla; combine with the cooled rice and mix well. Drain raisins and mix with rice.
- 7Turn into baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 8Bake, uncovered until edges are set, but still creamy inside--25 minutes.
- 9Gently heat 1 cup heavy cream until lukewarm, pour over the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pudding With Cream
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 940.2
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.1 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 330.2 mg
- Sodium 728.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g