Recipe by Lainey39
This sounds good if you like rice pudding! Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by twissis
Made for ZWT-8 Family Picks, this as an insanely creative idea for a smoothie! I took heavy cues from the other reviewers. Like Sydney Mike, I subbed a frozen banana for the ice cubes since I dislike the watered-down effect that melting ice creates in a smoothie. I also used a well-frosted glass for its chilling effect. All reviewers agreed about the need for a sweetener, so I added 1/2 packet of Sweet & Low. My only negative was that 1 tbsp of vanilla extract made that flavour excessive for a single serving. This is another appealing "dessert in a glass" recipe that also uses up leftover rice (if it's still very moist) & is also worthy of making rice just to make the smoothie. I liked this a lot. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. Edited to Add that I used my stick-blender w/a wide-mouth lrg jar to make this recipe in a flash. :-)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ice cube
- 1⁄2 cup freshly cooked white rice, at room temperature
- nutmeg, pinch
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a blender, mix the milk, cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice cubes and blend on high speed until slushy, about 15 seconds.
- Add the rice and pulse for 5 seconds.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Garnish with the cinnamon stick.