Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found on line by Christopher Williams Bella Greek Food Editor
- 4 tablespoons uncooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind
- Boil water; add rice, stir once and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Mix flour with 4 tablespoons water.
- Add to rice mixture slowly and stir.
- Add sugar and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla or lemon rind, and pour into 4 individual custard cups or small dishes. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
This came out PERFECT! I even used vanilla soymilk instead of regular because I'm lactose intolerant and you could not tell the difference! I'm glad I added the lemon for a little extra sweetness, perfect touch. I'm definitely saving this recipe.
This recipe was delicious. I used Cinnamon and added Raisens and wow!
Well, The texture of this is very nice, but the flavor (for our tastes) just isnt there. I would suggest using whole milk for this, and maybe raw sugar... a bit more vanilla and lots of cinnamon. I dont know why but I just feel like it has a flourish taste to it. Overall, we enjoyed it but it just wasnt the rice pudding that we really like. I guess we are more into the custard-style rice pudding.