Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A pie for the whole family with excellent presentation, filled with a cream confectioned with rice, cinnamon stick, milk, water and lemon peel, sprinkled with cinnamon powder.
- 100 g rice
- 400 ml water
- 650 ml milk
- 250 g sugar
- 1 lemon peel
- cinnamon (to garnish)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch salt
- 230 g puff pastry
- Wash the rice and set aside.
- In a pan place the water, the lemon peel, the cinnamon stick and a pinch of salt. Bring to high heat and simmer. Remove the cinnamon stick (reserve the cinnamon stick), pour the rice, stir, reduce to low heat and leave to cook about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk with the cinnamon stick and simmer (when the milk is boiled remove the cinnamon stick). When the rice is cooked, pour the milk, stir with a wooden spoon and cook over medium heat about 15 minutes until creamy. Stir once in a while.
- Add the sugar, stir and cook over medium heat about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, remove the lemon peel and pour with the help of a ladle the rice in individual bowls. Sprinkle with cinnamon, allow to cool and serve.
- Line a pie pan with the puff pastry. Place in the bottom some dried beans for the dough doesn’t rise when it goes to the oven. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and remove the beans. With the help of a ladle pour the rice pudding over the dough and spread it with the help of a spatula. Sprinkle with cinnamon, allow to cool and serve.