Rice cooker recipe from Wolfgang Puck. Remembering that short grain rice is always measured using the cup measure that came with your cooker, this is 3/4 of a regular measure cup.
- 2 cups arborio rice (this is measured in your rice cooker measures...if using a reg measure cup use 1 1/2 cups uncooked s) or 2 cups short-grain rice (this is measured in your rice cooker measures...if using a reg measure cup use 1 1/2 cups uncooked s)
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk, Eagle Brand
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon zest, one large piece of lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon (to garnish)
- Measure your short grain rice with the mearuing cup you got with your rice cooker. This measuring cup is usually 6 ounces or close to 3/4 of a cup of rice. For this recipe you need to start with two of those measures.
- Measure first the rice then rinse rice in cold water, and place rice, water and salt into rice cooker and click to on. Cook until it clicks automatically to warm.
- When rice has been cooked and the setting has switched to warm, Disconnect the cord from outlet, stir once and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk evaporated milk, coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk cinnamon stick, lemon zest( a large thin slice of zest, not grated) and nutmeg together.
- Add the whisked milks into the rice, close lid and set the cooker to WARM setting. Check about 30 minutes later and see if it is at the consistency you like.
- Discard the cinnamon stick and the lemon zest.
- Place into individual dishes and garnish with ground cinnamon and cream if desired.