Recipe by That girl Mel
Okay, so it's not traditional rice pudding but it's perfect when you decide at 8:30 at night that you want rice pudding for dessert! Super fast and easy and my kids LOVE it!
Top Review by Chef Boy Oh Boy!
I microwave my instant rice, so I used the 2 cups Water/Rice measurement, nuked it, and let it set for about 5min. Then added my blend of 1/2 cup goat milk + 1/2 cup rice milk with the vanilla pudding mix, prepared as directed on package. I admit I was a little leery about mixing pudding and rice, but I was making 'Rice Pudding', right? :-) ...I added a handful of chopped pecans and chocolate chips with the spices and OO-La-La! What a tasty treat! Thanks for posting it.
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium sauce pan combine water and rice, bring to boil then cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the water is absorbed about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Pour evaporated milk into medium bowl and add pudding, whisk until smooth then place in fridge while rice is cooking.
- When rice is done cooking, pour into colander and rinse with cool water until cool and drain well.
- Pour into bowl with pudding, add raisins and nutmeg, mix and enjoy!