Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
Okay, so it's not traditional rice pudding but it's perfect when you decide at 8:30 at night that you want rice pudding for dessert! Super fast and easy and my kids LOVE it!
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 dash nutmeg
- In medium sauce pan combine water and rice, bring to boil then cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the water is absorbed about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Pour evaporated milk into medium bowl and add pudding, whisk until smooth then place in fridge while rice is cooking.
- When rice is done cooking, pour into colander and rinse with cool water until cool and drain well.
- Pour into bowl with pudding, add raisins and nutmeg, mix and enjoy!
I microwave my instant rice, so I used the 2 cups Water/Rice measurement, nuked it, and let it set for about 5min. Then added my blend of 1/2 cup goat milk + 1/2 cup rice milk with the vanilla pudding mix, prepared as directed on package. I admit I was a little leery about mixing pudding and rice, but I was making 'Rice Pudding', right? :-) ...I added a handful of chopped pecans and chocolate chips with the spices and OO-La-La! What a tasty treat! Thanks for posting it.
I followed the directions exactly. My rice came out perfectly. My family enjoyed the dessert... even my rice pudding hater husband. Thank you for sharing.
This just did not work at all for me!! The rice was lumpy (needed a lot more milk added) and if it wasn't for the nutmeg it would have been tasteless!! I added a tin of crushed pineapple to it and it just made the pineapple taste awful. Sorry That Girl Mel but I think I have to make rice pudding the old fashioned way!!