1/1 Photo of Rice Pudding from Leftover Rice
good way to use up leftover rice! shorter grains give creamier results but basmati and jasmine can work too. you can leave out the eggs for a less rich version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1bring rice, milk, cream and sugar to a boil.
- 2simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3stir in vanilla, cinnamon and raisins.
- 4cook until thick and creamy.
- 5tip: if you stir a lot at the end it will be creamier!
- 6turn off heat and stir in egg yolks.
- 7serve warm or chilled, i prefer chilled with this recipe.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pudding from Leftover Rice
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g