Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A simple recipe with the sweet creaminess of rice pudding but without the need to slave over the stove top for it. This was done using leftover brown rice that had been frozen.
- 1⁄4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey, to taste
- Combine rice, milk and cream in a microwave bowl and stir.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of the liquid out and stir in cornstarch in a small bowl until no lumps are present. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir.
- Microwave on medium high for about 3 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached. Add cinnamon and honey and serve warm.
This made a quick and tasty dessert. The recipe was doubled for 2 people. Almond milk was used and the cornstarch was decreased by 1/2. A few dried cranberries were added to the mix. The pudding was ready in about 2 minutes. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Made for PAC 2012.