Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rice Pudding "Cuban Style" - Arroz Con Leche
- 1⁄2 cup rice (california pearl rice valenciano small grain)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 -2 lemon peel strip (for zest)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon, powder
- In a nice size pot, place the rice in water, lemon peel, and cinnamon stick until the rice is fully cooked. Make sure to remove the peels & cinnamon stick before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Please stir in the milk "room temperature", vanilla, salt and condensed milk while adding them, as it may stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Let it cook at Medium-Low temperature until it thickens, approximately 1 hour. Continue to stir frequently.
- Let your guests choose to add cinnamon powder.
Thanks so much for this recipe! I have always longed for arroz con leche the way my abuela used to make it, and this was so close! I really enjoyed it! have made it several times now to fit the tastes of my family and recently combined it with some elements of another great recipe