Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law from Quebec...it's the most amazing, easy to make rice pudding, with a carmelized brown sugar topping.
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups light cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Combine uncooked rice, pudding mix, cream and eggs.
- Heat in a saucepan on medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into an oven-proof casserole dish and chill completely.
- Sprinkle brown sugar all over the top.
- Place under the broiler and heat the topping until it melts and carmelizes.
- Remove from heat and chill again to harden the carmelized brown sugar.
Wasnt what it thought it would be i'll try it again but was dispointed nobody said it was suppose to be thick and take so long to cook
This was sooooo easy and pretty tasty. I put it in a 8x8 pan. The only change I would make and hubby agreed is to add more sugar on top for more of a crust. That was the best part of the dish for me besides the simplicity. Thanks!
The most difficult part is waiting for this pudding to chill (I couldn't). The next day I stirred some coconut in it and it tasted like a cream pie. Roxygirl