Recipe by skunk galloway
This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law from Quebec...it's the most amazing, easy to make rice pudding, with a carmelized brown sugar topping.
- 1 cup Minute Rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups light cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine uncooked rice, pudding mix, cream and eggs.
- Heat in a saucepan on medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into an oven-proof casserole dish and chill completely.
- Sprinkle brown sugar all over the top.
- Place under the broiler and heat the topping until it melts and carmelizes.
- Remove from heat and chill again to harden the carmelized brown sugar.