Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This Recipe came from my boyfriends mother, it is very creamy and delicious. I hope you enjoy it as much as i do.
- In a large pot add water rice and butter and begin cooking, You want to cook the rice until almost all of the water has been obsorbed,
- in a seperate pot add milk and salt, on very low heat begin to warm the milk, You should warm the milk as the rice is cooking.
- When the rice is ready add in the warm milk, mix well you will need to keep a close eye on the rice now, the milk will start to thicken the rice and it could stick, continue stirring on medium heat until it thicken
- then add the sugar 1/2 a cup at a time mixing well.
- Finally take the 3 egg yolks and beat together slowing add to the rice mixture while stirring as to not scramble the egg. this will add that nice yellow color to the pudding.
- Plate and top with cinnamon. let stand 10-15 minute to thicken.