Recipe by Lisa R.
My husband LOVES rice pudding, but is very particular as to how it is made. He says that this recipe is exactly right. I haven't tried it yet, but it is made with cinnamon sticks and should be a thick and creamy pudding. I'll be sure to rate it once he gives me a thumbs up or down! :)
Top Review by Lisa Mettam
My husband was craving rice pudding like he used to have when he lived in England. This was easy to make and was exactly what he wanted. The only change I made was to leave out all the cinnamon, as he asked for it that way.
- 473.18 ml water
- 236.59 ml white rice, medium or 236.59 ml short grain
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 12 fluid ounce cannestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 396.89 g can Nestle sweetened condensed milk
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 0.25 ml ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water, rice and cinnamon stick pieces in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove cinnamon stick pieces. Stir in evaporated and sweetened condensed milks, raisins, vanilla extract and salt; bring to a boil. Stir a small portion of rice mixture into eggs. Add egg mixture to rice mixture; mix well with wire whisk. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.