1/5 Photos of Rice Pudding
Cheryl E's Note:
My husband's favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring rice, water and salt to a boil over med-high heat.
- 2Simmer covered until water has been absorbed (approximately 15 minutes).
- 3Stir in milk and sugar and cook uncovered over medium heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently--especially towards the end of cooking.
- 4The pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick porridge-like consistency.
- 5DO NOT OVERCOOK or the pudding will be solid instead of creamy once cooled.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 7Turn into a bowl or cups.
- 8You can sprinkle cinnamon on the top if you like.
- 9COVER with plastic wrap directly on surface "IF" you don't want a skin.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 507.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 131.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 74.6 g
- Protein 20.2 g