Recipe by Cheryl E
My husband's favorite!
Top Review by Anga
I made this recipe this morning because I had a sweet tooth and needed a little comfort food. It was wonderful. It was so simple to make. ( I made it while studying my sunday school lesson) I added cinammon with the milk and also added more vanilla than the recipe called for, but of course all of this should be done to a person's taste. Thankyou for posting this! I will make it again.
- 177.44 ml medium grain rice or 177.44 ml long grain rice
- 354.88 ml water
- 1.23 ml salt (heaping)
- 946.36 ml whole milk (I use 2%)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring rice, water and salt to a boil over med-high heat.
- Simmer covered until water has been absorbed (approximately 15 minutes).
- Stir in milk and sugar and cook uncovered over medium heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently--especially towards the end of cooking.
- The pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick porridge-like consistency.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK or the pudding will be solid instead of creamy once cooled.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Turn into a bowl or cups.
- You can sprinkle cinnamon on the top if you like.
- COVER with plastic wrap directly on surface "IF" you don't want a skin.