9 hrs 20 mins
This is this week's winning recipe in the Thursday magazine. It was submitted by Sabeena Rafek!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak raw rice in water for 8 hours.
- 2Grate coconut.
- 3Finely blend it in a mixer with 1 cup of water.
- 4Sieve it.
- 5Your thick coconut milk is ready.
- 6Keep aside.
- 7Repeat the same procedure to get 3 more cups of diluted coconut milk.
- 8Finely blend the soaked rice with the thick coconut milk.
- 9Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- 10Blend again till the rice batter is finely done.
- 11Add the remaining sugar, egg and 2 cups of diluted milk.
- 12Blend again.
- 13Pour the batter in a vessel.
- 14The rice batter must be free-flowing in consistency.
- 15If it is not, add a third cup of diluted milk.
- 16Mix well.
- 17Heat a large stainless steel vessel.
- 18Add 2 cups of water.
- 19Place a smaller vessel inside this larger vessel with a little water and cover the larger one with a lid.
- 20Grease 2 or 3 round elevated stainless steel plates with ghee.
- 21When the water in the vessel heats up, place the greased plate over the smaller vessel.
- 22Pour the rice batter to the needed level.
- 23Close with a lid.
- 24Adjust the stove on low-medium heat.
- 25After 10 minutes, the mixture will coagulate.
- 26Sprinkle few cumin seeds over it.
- 27To check the cooked pudding, poke it with the tip of a spoon.
- 28If the mixture doesn't stick to the spoon, the pudding is done.
- 29Remove the plate.
- 30Allow it to cool.
- 31Cut into desired shapes.
- 32Repeat the process using other plates.
- 33Note: Avoid over-heating of pudding.
- 34To attract little kids to this pudding, roast few cashewnuts in ghee.
- 35Garnish the plain pudding with these.
- 36Spill few drops of melted chocolate over it.
- 37Dig in!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 966.0
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.3 mg
- Sodium 35.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 189.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 134.4 g
- Protein 8.1 g