Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for dessert, or for breakfast.
- 3 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark seedless raisins
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Put everything into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, watching carefully& stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
For all the spices in this recipe, it is not very flavorful. Rather than 15 min., I had to simmer for closer to an hour to get a pudding and then the texture was funny. This was my first try at using brown rice and I was hoping for better results! (I used whole milk instead of the soymilk and I increased the maple syrup to 1/3 c.). I don't think I'll make this again.