Recipe by spatchcock
This is a nice and EASY rice pudding recipe. I included almonds and also cardamom, although the original recipe did not specify these ingredients, since that's what my favorite Indian restaurant includes in their rice pudding. Comfort food at its best...
Top Review by Anunnaki
This recipe is delicious and my family LOVED it. Though some like to add a little cinnamon, cardamon, or fruit before putting it in the oven. Thank you for this recipe, Spatchcock!
Also, a word of warning: The cooking time listed for this recipe is much longer than it should be in my experience. If you use quick rice, get it out of the oven in 30-45 minutes or you might burn it/turn it into a brick.
- 3⁄4 cup Minute Rice
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine Minute Rice, milk, sugar, butter, salt, vanilla and nutmeg in a greased 1 Quart baking dish. (I added my almonds and cardamom pods here.)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Stir after 15 minutes and again when pudding is done.
- Then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- The pudding will thicken as it stands.