Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Thick and delicious! Yet another great generational favorite recipe. Great for kids who like sweet, it has pretty decent nutritional value as far as protein and calcium. You need to babysit this as it cooks, because if it burns on the bottom it ruins it.)
- 1⁄2 gallon milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup uncooked rice (use white, brown doesn't come out very well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter (makes recipe more flavorful) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put yolks, sugar, and rice in the bottom of a cold pot.
- Add milk, stir well.
- Put on low heat for 2-3 hours, scrape and stir every 20 minutes.
- After pudding gets nice and thick, add butter, vanilla, and cinnamon.