Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
You can use short grain rice instead.
Make and share this Rice Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Combine rice, brown sugar, water and vanilla bean in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove vanilla bean. Scrape out the seeds and stir them into the rice.
- Stir in cream and, keeping rice over low heat, bring to a simmer.
- Remove pudding when it begins to bubble, after 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in raisins.
- Transfer pudding to a medium bowl or individual serving dishes, sprinkle with cinnamon. Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.