Recipe by StaciKelemen
My Mom makes this old style rice pudding and its my favorite! It takes some time but its well worth it.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
I didn't get anywhere near 10 servings (it was closer to 4 servings), and I didn't expect I would with only 1/2 cup rice for the entire recipe. But the main issue I had was that it cooked so long that it was mushy rather than of the smooth consistency I'm used to for rice pudding.
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole milk (homo)
- 1⁄2 cup rice (not minute rice)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 3 drops almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring milk and rice to a boil stirring constantly.
- Turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for approx 45 minute Stirring occasionally until milk absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs and mix in sugar, vanilla, salt and almond extract. Slowly add egg mixture into rice.
- Add Raisins.
- Cover and let cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with whipped cream.