Recipe by Derf
Nice served cold and sprinkled with toasted coconut
Top Review by Evie*
Nice and creamy rice pudding. I liked this recipe because it wasnt too sweet, the evaporated milk also gives it a nice flavour. Chilled it and served it with a tin of sliced peaches and a little cream. Thanks for posting.
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 1 can evaporated milk (add water to make 4 cups liquid)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon butter
- milk or cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir in an oven proof dish, rice, evaporated milk and water, and sugar.
- Bake the pudding in a slow oven 275 degrees for 3 hours.
- Stir it frequently, if it starts to dry out add milk or cream as required.
- When cooked stir in vanilla and butter.
- Spoon into 4 separate dessert bowls and chill.