Recipe by dojemi
Very delicious, very satisfying.
Top Review by Marlene.
This didn't work for me but I'm not sure why? I followed the directions to the letter .... after cooking a good 40 minutes beyond the posted time frame I still had a pot of liquid with rice in it. I didn't want to throw it away so I pulled it off the heat , added the vanilla and raisins , and put it in the fridge hoping it would set up once it chilled down. It did somewhat , but I still don't think the consistancy was what it was supposed to be. The smell of it cooking was wonderful ... I would love feedback on anything that might have gone wrong with this! I really would like to try this again!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup short-grain rice
- 5 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add rice and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Place rice in 4 1/2 cups of the milk in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook until milk just comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile combine cornstarch with sugar and very gradually whisk in remaining 1/2 cup milk until mixture is smooth.
- Whisk this mixture into hot rice milk mixture.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook gently for 40 - 55 minutes, or until rice is very thick and creamy.
- Add vanilla and raisins.
- Pour into individual serving dishes or one large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon,
- Serve warm or cold.