Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This flavorful rice recipe is one of my mom's standards. It goes well with chicken.
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 5 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- In large saucepan cook mushrooms, scallions and celery in butter.
- Add water, rice, bouillon and seasoning; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add Parmesan, peas and carrots.
- Cook 5 minutes.