1 hr 10 mins
Very much like my mother's old recipe that gotten lost somehow throughout the years. Fond memories of holiday dinners from my childhood. This recipe comes from Finland.
My Private Note
cups pu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 1 -3 cup milk (depending on personal taste)
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1PORRIDGE: Boil the rice in the water until it is soft or all the water is absorbed.
- 2Add the milk and cook slowly 20 to 30 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Add the salt, sugar and margarine.
- 4SAUCE: Boil the raisins in the wateror fruit juice with the lemon juice and cinnamon sticks.
- 5Add the sugar and continue cooking over low heat, Mix the cornstarch with a small amount of cold water.
- 6Gradually add the cornstarch and water mixture to the sauce, continuing to stir.
- 7When the sauce is thick, remove from the heat.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Porridge With Raisin Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 814.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 64.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g