Rice Porridge With Fresh Eggs
- Combine rice, water and salt in a saucepan. (If you have time, let it soak for 15 minutes; if not, that's okay.).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer for anywhere from 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- When the consistency is to your liking, crack the two eggs into a cup and whisk well to combine whites and yolks.
- Slowly pour a thin stream of egg into the rice. Stir the rice quickly for a well-combined, custard-like porridge or slowly for thin ribbons of cooked egg, like an egg drop soup.
- Simmer another minute or two until the egg is cooked thoroughly, drizzle soy sauce and/or sesame oil on top (if using) then serve.