Recipe by Naomi Rose
My grandma found the recipe from an unidentified magazine and decided to start using it since about half of our family members are unintentionally gluten-free. This recipe is one of the best gluten free recipes because the crust is not an attempt to be like a gluten free wheat crust-- it is just tasty rice and spice. I hope others find this recipe useful and maybe make suggestions for the rest of us. Let me know what you think so grandma knows other people love her cooking too.
- 3 cups of cold cooked jasmine rice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of sliced pepperoni or 1⁄2 cup Canadian bacon
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease a large pizza pan or cookie sheet with sides.
- In a large bowl stir together rice, egg, 1 t. dry basil and 1 t. oregano.
- Spread rice mixture onto pizza pan and press flat and evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cheese on top. Press over rice.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on top.
- Distribute pepperoni evenly on top.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 min-- until cheese is golden.
- Let rest for 5-10 min before cutting pizza.