Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandma found the recipe from an unidentified magazine and decided to start using it since about half of our family members are unintentionally gluten-free. This recipe is one of the best gluten free recipes because the crust is not an attempt to be like a gluten free wheat crust-- it is just tasty rice and spice. I hope others find this recipe useful and maybe make suggestions for the rest of us. Let me know what you think so grandma knows other people love her cooking too.
- 3 cups of cold cooked jasmine rice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of sliced pepperoni or 1⁄2 cup Canadian bacon
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped black olives
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease a large pizza pan or cookie sheet with sides.
- In a large bowl stir together rice, egg, 1 t. dry basil and 1 t. oregano.
- Spread rice mixture onto pizza pan and press flat and evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cheese on top. Press over rice.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on top.
- Distribute pepperoni evenly on top.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 min-- until cheese is golden.
- Let rest for 5-10 min before cutting pizza.