Recipe by CandyCutie
This recipe came from my cousin who has celiac disease. She used it as the base of a pizza one evening at a pot-luck dinner party. I loved it and have been making it for family and friends ever since.
Top Review by dejan's jules
I made this last night for myself since my family was having pizza because I am on a yeast-free, sugar-free meal plan. I changed a few things, though. Instead of 2 eggs, I used 1, omitted the onions and used 1 Tbsp. oregano in its place, which is what I put in a regular wheat crust. After waiting to cook the brown rice (which I prefer, since it's healthier), the rest of the prep was a snap. I only baked it at 400F, though, and I think that's a better temp. The first bite was "interesting", since it definitely was rice, but after that, it was great! My husband sampled it, and my mother and her husband, and everyone gave it 4 stars! Thanks Candy, for a great recipe!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice, slightly cooled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and press mixture evenly with a spoon into a greased 10 or 12 inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees F about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and prepare your favorite pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake about 10 minutes longer or until cheese melts, if using fresh grated cheese.