Recipe by Doing it Right
A very low fat, and different approach to pizza. After not having pizza for a year and a half, this was a true blessing to my taste buds. You can top with your favorite pizza toppings. This is a recipe created by Joanna Lund. Prep time does not include time needed to prepare the rice.
Top Review by Lilies_503
I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't work out well. The crust pretty much fell apart when I tried to remove the slices and it was pretty obvious I was eating rice. I think that it would have been better as just plain rice mixed with pizza toppings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten or equivalent in egg substitute
- 4 ounces shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces 90% lean ground turkey or 8 ounces ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 3⁄4 cups tomato sauce (one 15 oz. can)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup grated fat-free parmesan cheese (3/4 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a 12" pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine rice, eggs and 1/4 C mozzarella cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spread rice mixture evenly on pizza (it becomes the crust).
- Bake 20 minutes.
- In a skillet, brown meat and onion.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Spread sauce evenly over baked crust.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let set 5 minutes.
- Cut into 6 pieces.
- **2Cups uncooked rice usually cooks to about 3 cups.