Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth (fresh is recommended, see my recipes for Emeril's Basic Chicken Stock)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add coriander, season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add rice; cook, stirring until edges are transparent, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover; simmer over low heat until liquid absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes. (Longer cooking time may be required for some rice grain types).
- Stir parsley into rice. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.