Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another great recipe from Kitchen Assistant. Note that this recipe only makes enough for 2 servings...I double it even when it is just DH and I eating it! So quick and easy!
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash sea salt
- Melt butter in a samll saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic; saute about 1 minute.
- Stir in rice; saute about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and wine; bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese, parsley, pepper and salt.
This was the best rice I every tasted. I will definitely put this on my rotation. Thank you for this flavorful, simple side dish.
This rice is quite flavourful and we quite enjoyed it! I got my recipe from Cooking Light. I highly recommend this recipe
This recipe is so quick and simple! Not to mention...DELICIOUS! Goes great with chicken! I will definitely make this often!