Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taking rice up a notch without too much more effort. From Bon Appetit, February 2008. Toast pine nuts if desired.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml long-grain rice, white
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml pine nuts
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked rice.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until rice is done, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork and add pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Loved it! After tasting, I wish I had added just a bit of salt to it, and I did sprinkle some parsley on top to look pretty. It is indeed a lovely dish to serve for guests with very little work involved. Thanks for posting 5th Course! Made for Potluck Tag, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
This rice was really nice and very simple to put together. My family enjoyed it with some marinated (Soy Sauce Marinade) fried tofu. Thanks! Made for New Zaar Tag 2008.