Recipe by 5thCourse
Taking rice up a notch without too much more effort. From Bon Appetit, February 2008. Toast pine nuts if desired.
Top Review by puppitypup
Loved it! After tasting, I wish I had added just a bit of salt to it, and I did sprinkle some parsley on top to look pretty. It is indeed a lovely dish to serve for guests with very little work involved. Thanks for posting 5th Course! Made for Potluck Tag, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice, white
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked rice.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until rice is done, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork and add pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper.