Recipe by GibbyLou
This is a tasty rice pilaf from Cooking Light, April 1995. You can easily substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This rice turned out nicely!! It had a subtle flavor and paired well with recipe#381820. The raisins were a nice sweet touch that you may not have seen mixed in the rice, but sure tasted them. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, julienne cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add carrot and onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add broth and orange juice, and bring to a boil. Add rice, raisins, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with pecans.