Recipe by Jen Andrews
A recipe that I got from my grandmother. One of my husbands favorite. It has a very unique flavor with the bacon. Wonderful side dish with chicken or fish.
- 4 -6 slices bacon, diced.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 7 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 5 ounces frozen peas
- 1 cup water
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown diced bacon, and drain on a paper towel.
- Drain all but 1/4 c.
- Cook onions in drippings till clear (about 5 mins.) Add uncooked rice, peas, broth, and pepper.
- Cover with lid and bring to boil.
- Turn burner to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add bacon crumbles, stir in and serve immediately.