Jen Andrews's Note:
A recipe that I got from my grandmother. One of my husbands favorite. It has a very unique flavor with the bacon. Wonderful side dish with chicken or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown diced bacon, and drain on a paper towel.
- 2Drain all but 1/4 c.
- 4Cook onions in drippings till clear (about 5 mins.) Add uncooked rice, peas, broth, and pepper.
- 5Cover with lid and bring to boil.
- 6Turn burner to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 7Add bacon crumbles, stir in and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pilaf with Peas
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 563.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g