Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Melt butter in a large flameproof casserole and cook the onion over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and continue cooking 5 minutes longer or until the mushrooms release their liquid.
- Turn up the heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the moisture in the mushrooms evaporates.
- Add the rice and stir it for a few minutes or until the grains are transparent.
- Pour in the stock or stock mixed with water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and cook the rice for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed (If you have a heat diffuser, set the pan on it to prevent the bottom from scorching).
- Transfer half the rice to a plastic container (save for making turkey fried rice).
- Serve remaining rice at once.
I was doing the whole recipe when I noticed how much rice there was. So then I made only half recipe. We had 3 servings. And a huge bowl of leftover. So half the recipe can be at least 6 servings. The taste was great with the mushrooms. We loved it. Thanks Polly :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
This makes no sense. Blend All ingredients in blender? How is this going to look and taste? Editors Note: Recipe directions updated 8/21/04