1/1 Photo of Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large flameproof casserole and cook the onion over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and continue cooking 5 minutes longer or until the mushrooms release their liquid.
- 3Turn up the heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the moisture in the mushrooms evaporates.
- 4Add the rice and stir it for a few minutes or until the grains are transparent.
- 5Pour in the stock or stock mixed with water and bring to a boil.
- 6Lower the heat, cover the pan and cook the rice for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed (If you have a heat diffuser, set the pan on it to prevent the bottom from scorching).
- 7Transfer half the rice to a plastic container (save for making turkey fried rice).
- 8Serve remaining rice at once.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (741 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 267.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 140.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: