Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Especially good pilaf. The celery and onion add a nice touch.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- In skillet, saute rice, celery, and onion in butter until the rice is browned.
- Place in a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Combine all remaining ingredients; pour over rice.
- Cover and bake at 325F degrees for 50 minutes or until rice is done.
This had a very nice flavor loved by young one and us not so young. I am going to add some pine nuts in this next time I make it.
I made this easy and delicious recipie to compliment the cornish hens we were having for supper. My husband and I loved it!
Excellent flavour of the herbs! This is the FIRST rice pilaf I have made with herbs, today-first time! I am going to rememeber you for life for such a wonderful pilaf!! I substituted the butter with cooking oil, thyme with rosemary and the chicken broth with vegetable broth. I used 3/4 cup of onions and 1/2 cup of celery as I was short on the celery. I'll add pine nuts next time - too bad I missed seeing CJ's review this afternoon before I got to make this. Mom, my brother and me, we all had a hearty meal. Thank U, you are GREAT!