Recipe by 2Bleu
This is a wonderful compliment to our Pork Roast With an Orange Glaze (Southern Living Magazine)
Top Review by Noo
We love pilaf rice, but had to try this version with the vermicelli addition.
This was very flavoursome and the vermicelli really made the textures interesting...most enjoyable,a perfect side to grilled meats!
Made for PRMR.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 2 ounces vermicelli, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Heat oil in an oven-proof saucepan, saute' onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, rice, and vermicelli. Saute 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Bake uncoered at 350 for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in fresh parsley and serve.