Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 2 ounces vermicelli, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F Heat oil in an oven-proof saucepan, saute' onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, rice, and vermicelli. Saute 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Bake uncoered at 350 for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in fresh parsley and serve.
We love pilaf rice, but had to try this version with the vermicelli addition.
This was very flavoursome and the vermicelli really made the textures interesting...most enjoyable,a perfect side to grilled meats!
Made for PRMR.
Lovely rice. It was just the thing to go along with tonights pork chops. I used orzo with the rice and skipped the parsley so the parsley so that DH would eat it. Lots of flavor and very simple to make and will be great with many things. Made for Photo Tag.