- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups broth
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, warm the olive oil.
- When warm add the onion and rice; cook stirring constantly until onion is transparent and rice begins to brown.
- Stir in the broth, turmeric, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- The last 5 minutes, stir in the raisins.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley, cover and let stand, covered for 5 minutes.