Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice combination and a little different. Found this on mealsforyou.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté rice until golden.
- Stir in stock, water and pepper.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Stir in beans.
- Turn on broiler.
- Transfer rice to ovenproof serving dish.
- Arrange tomato slices over beans and dot with butter.
- Broil 2-3 minutes or cook until tomato slices are cooked throughout.
- Serve pilaf sprinkled with mint.
this is a very tasty recipe, and very easy to make