Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 green onions, Sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄4 medium bell pepper (Bell peppers can be any color, but should be cut into 1-inch julienne strips.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage, Crushed
- 2 teaspoons parsley, Snipped
- In a 1-quart casserole microwave mushrooms, onion and butter or margarine, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
- Stir in water, rice, bell pepper strips, salt, and sage.
- Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes or till boiling. micro-cook, covered, on 50% power for 14 to 16 minutes or till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring once.
- Stir in parsley.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Nice enough, but a little too greasy! 1/2 tablespoon of butter per serving is a little too much for a recipe that doesn't have many veggies. I skipped the mushrooms and doubled the amount of green bell peppers and it gave the rice a nice flavour.
I did a lot of changes to this recipe, as I didn't have the fresh stuff. I cooked it on the stove top (not the microwave). I used can mushrooms, also didn't have green onions so I used brown onions. Doubled long grain rice and used chicken stock instead of water (doubled that also). I also didn't have parsley so I left it out. Served it with 'Recipe #136226'. Thank you for the Recipe