Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my favourites! It is great with any kind of meat and goes especially well with fish.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion, celery and carrots. Saute until tender.
- Add rice and stir until coated.
- Add broth and bay leaf.
- Cover, turn down heat and simmer for 25 minutes.